Monday, January 24, 2011

RIP

I met her when I was about 15 years old. She was always the one who was laughing and the life of a party. Not one that was out of control...just fun.

Over the years, she was one classmate that seemed to show up and kept me up to date on old friends. She was a hairdresser and cut my hair. Every time I saw her it was a time for remembering and laughing and she would catch me up on all our friends. When we had our 35th high school reunion this past year, she was the one that talked me into going. I really didn't want to go but she kept telling me how important it was to see everyone. I'm glad she pushed me to do it. I was able to reconnect with a lot of old friends.

A couple of days ago, my friend was found dead in her apartment. There's still an investigation going on but they are saying it was a suicide. Of all the people I know, she didn't seem to be the type to want to take her life. She was way too full of life and in the recent past she had really come to a strong faith in God and loved the church she was attending. She talked about her love for God and church more than anything else the past few times I had gone to her for a haircut.

Now, I'm finding out about a few things that I had no clue about. Like most people, there are always things hidden and kept secret. I never knew her hurt and fears. Not that I should have known...but, I wish I had known. Maybe I could have helped her by being a better friend. Someone that she could have called before taking her life. Someone she trusted and could reach out to.

Andrea is gone from this earth. Her struggles are over. I don't have a doubt that I will see her again and know I will hear her laugh and bring life to the party. Rest in peace my friend. You are loved. I'll see you on the other side.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mac said...

I'm sorry for the loss of this earthly life, but I'm glad you have the memories and the hope.

Ruth W. said...

very sad to hear about your loss Mark, we all have our demons and unfortunately they take over at times.