Thursday, August 14, 2008

USA vs. Korea

Usually it's easy to know who you want to win a baseball game! But watching Korea and the USA Olympic teams play, my heart was a bit confused.

Being born and raised in Korea, I can't help but swell with pride when I see them perform at such a high level. It wasn't that long ago when I played baseball there and very few Koreans even knew what the game was. Now, baseball is one of the most popular sports in the country. They have pro teams and fill the stadiums every time they play. People follow their favorite teams and players and know that one day...a real "World Series" will be played.

Watching the USA team, I couldn't help but cheer for them too! I'm glad some of the minor league teams allowed some players time off to play in the Olympics. That will be one of their greatest memories in life. A great honor and blessing. The USA team looked great and I guess when it comes down the final game, I'm hoping I have to cheer on both teams again!

1 comment:

Ruth W. said...

I do so hope the world series actually becomes the "World Series" How much fun would that be.